The Film Concussion with Carlsen and Boruff » Podcast Episodes


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Russell's Rant: A lament for the month of February and the longing for the ides of March

Starting a new segment here on Lack of Command. Russell's Rant. I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't just a way for update more than once a month, but I don't think that's such a bad thing. There are some exciting updates in the exposure of Lack of Command. I've started a 365 Day Tumblr project (I'll link it up here for those who are interested) and will be starting a movie review podcast with one of my old college pals called: Carlsen/Boruff: Untitled Movie Review Podcast. (Click on the RSS feed on the bottom of this page and join in the fun!) We've recorded our first episode and I'm excited. Not JUST because I love giving my opinion especially when no one asks; but I love talking about movies. Also, Richard and I are seriously considering a documentary project.

I hate February. It's just a freak month that only reminds us that we have more winter to suffer through. Not to mention Valentines Day; or as someone once said, "Single Awareness Day." It's literally the longest month for me.

The first February of 2010 did not disappoint. Long, cold, and full of uncertainty. Not to say that all of February was bad. We had a STUNNING Olympic Hockey Tournament where Team USA was so close to the gold medal, they could almost taste it. I don't think people realize the power of rooting for a team. I watched it with a few of my friends. One of my friends got so caught up in the game that when the US lost in overtime, she ended up in tears. She wanted it that bad, and she's only a passing sports fan. A story like the Olympic Hockey Tournament can do nothing but inspire everyone and bring me closer to the nation that I truly love for at least 3 hours. I like the fact that people can get wrapped up and get seriously emotionally invested in the drama of sports because it's the same as crying in a movie. You put yourself in the game/movie, and then the horn blows or the credits roll and you move on with your life. But alas, I am disappointed in the loss, but hopeful for the potential.

In other February defenses, the new High on Fire came out. But I didn't listen to in until March. So I don't think it counts. Yes. It is awesome.


But March is here now. And the Oscars are tomorrow. I got a job. March might be looking up.


Command Image: Breathing Command. Struggling for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment