The Film Concussion with Carlsen and Boruff » Podcast Episodes


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sulpherdew breakdown with some Avalanche lamenting.



Day two of my continuous blogging. Right now, I'm in the middle of the second half of Ufomammut's excellent 2012 opus, Oro. Here's the centerpiece track which really bring the whole epic to it's climax. In order to understand that fully, you'll have to listen to the entire two albums.



The song is all over the place. It starts with a steady strum but quickly erupts into a chaos that lurches towards the thunderous cacophony of emotional heaviness. The hammer really drops when the familiar riff of the opening track of Oroborus crashes down, but as the rhythm section drops out the riff devolves into the doomy Aureum, from the first half Opus: Primum.

Anyway, good stuff. 


Tonight, NHL Gamecenter finally got it's shit together with Sony, so I'll be able to watch my Colorado Avalanche play the Vancouver Canucks on my PS3. Which is why I paid for the service in the first place. The Avalanche are in trouble. In spite of a weak defensive system, the captain Gabriel Landeskog is going to be out tonight yet again. With Ryan O'Reilly still in the wind about his contract, players like Paul Statsny and Jamie McGinn need to step it up. Still, go Avs!

Last night I got a good deal of writing done. Outlining and such. Four and a half scenes into the first act and I'm starting to get a little scared of the scope of this story. In my mind, I've piled on The basic plot of the film is a former spymaster is called in find his crazy old partner awol in the North African Theater. I've spent the majority of the time when I was conceiving this idea coming up with jargon and developing characters. Now I'm in the structure phase and I didn't realize how much weight I've gained. I feel like I've been drinking my ideas for this story and now it's the next day. Making the idea vomit make it into the screenplay trashcan.

Well, the job search continues while I try to give The Swans latest album, The Seer in its entirety a shot.  I've listened to it in chunks but never all the way through. It's two fucking hours.

Command Image:



No comments:

Post a Comment