The Film Concussion with Carlsen and Boruff » Podcast Episodes


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Lack of Command Rises

What's up everyone? So I've started blogging again. Mainly just to keep myself occupied with something while I pound my head against the table in my job hunting. I'm sorry that I seem to only post a blog whenever I'm bored/depressed/or under some sort of influence. But my new years resolution this year is to be more productive in everything. So who knows, this may be a whole new beginning for Lack of Command. What is that? Like, the seventh "new beginning?"

In any case, some updates. The little lady, Coco and I are now denizens of Los Angeles, California. We moved to Echo Park in August. Since then the little lady is working hard at working hard for Grad School. I was working on yet another ESPN 30 for 30 documentary. This time as an Assistant Editor. Got to learn Avid Media Composer, which was surprisingly a lot more simple than I anticipated. But that show is over and so is the gig. So here I am.

You guys are lucky that I've started blogging AFTER the NHL 2012-2013 Lockout. Man, what a bunch of bullshit and this blog would have been nothing but rage filled rants. Wait....I mean.

Also, Neurosis came out with a new album. Honor Found in Decay is one of those revelations that only a band like Neurosis can achieve. Even got to drive up to Oakland to see them live. Amazing fucking band. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to travel out to Denver to see them there. I've been a fan for this band for so long, so the fact that they are finally playing on MY turf, I feel obligated to be there.



I've also been working on a screenplay. A feature length spy-movie. My tribute to Christopher Hitchens and John Le Carre. I may or may not blog a scene from it depending on how the first draft ends up. I'm open to imput.

New TV shows I've been watching:
Homeland
Game of Thrones
Once Upon a Time
The Walking Dead
Veep
The Thick of it (RIP)
Doctor Who
Downton Abby


Anyway, that'll do it for now. At this point, I'm going to try to do this at least once a day and end when I get tired of rambling. But it is nice to just spew at you folks again. If there's anyone still out there in the ether.

On that note:

Enjoy folks.

Command Image:


No comments:

Post a Comment