The Film Concussion with Carlsen and Boruff » Podcast Episodes


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Once more from the top

Hello there my commandless legion. Yes it is I. I have returned to the wonderful world of blogging. And not a minute too soon. The truth of the matter is, that I've grown lazy in my writing. Too lazy. But luckily that innate desire to write can't help but boil over. I'm overwhelmed with ideas, but there is apparently a connection problem between my brain and the pages on which I intend to write on. I haven't kept up with any sort of conditioning for my craft at all. I can't expect to complete a marathon without doing a few stretches.

So this is me stretching.

So here is the goal. To write a blog post every single fucking day. Without exception. I think this is the only way that I can't get through the mental exhaustion of actually writing a screenplay.

This is going to require a good deal of dedication on my part to begin with, but as I get used to it, it should get easier and easier. At least I hope so. Truth be told, I already feel better by writing this much. But this is just me ranting. That is another problem that I have. When I write on this blog, it tends to be a rant rather than a coherent comment, story, or anecdote. So I'm thinking another part of my writing work out is structure sit-ups. Not writing to just to write, but writing with purpose. So what comes with that? For me it will be to tell stories. News stories, true stories, music stories, or made up stories. So here's my soft idea of writing one story per week.

So this is me trying to do sit-ups.

Richard, my twin brother and partner, will join me in segments as usual. His contributions and extremely clever insight into things are invaluable to me. And I'm going to try to other people to contribute as well, friends of mine that are better at this than I am.

Now comes the problem of what to write about. Well, there you have no worry. Although times have changed, my interests and hobbies have not. For the sake of updating loyal readers as well as introducing new ones, here's the bullet points:
I live my girlfriend Sarah and dog Coco in Queens, NYC.
I grew up in Colorado.
I work as a Production Assistant in Manhattan
I co-host a film review podcast called the Film Concussion (we're on a retooling hiatus, but you can check out the show on this blog).
I want to write for television for a living.
I'm a hockey fan. (Colorado Avalanche, and my "girlfriend" team for the 2010-2011 season is the Capitals)
I'm a huge music fan with varying but specific tastes.

That's probably enough self-aggrandizing no?

Anyway, I'll wrap this proclamation up with saying thanks to all of my family and friends who even take a few seconds to read this. I will keep this as a conversation so feel free to post comments, ask questions, or insult me with amusing quips. It's all in good fun. The most fun I'll ever have on the internet is being able to communicate with my friends and other like minded people.

Command Image: Writing Command!

2 comments: