The Film Concussion with Carlsen and Boruff » Podcast Episodes


Tuesday, March 1, 2011



So you haven't guessed, I've given up on my initial premise unofficially of writing a blog post at least once per day. I figured that I do need a weekend to not do anything and I don't regret. It's not that I'm not going to try to post on my weekends, but I'm not going to whine about not getting any thing done. On the other hand my ACTUAL writing on this screenplay has reached really new heights. I've actually started the first act and the plot point is in the horizon.

So there's that.

Last I left you with a legitimate blog it was right before I was heading to the Weedeater show in Manhattan. It was awesome and massive. I think I gave myself whiplash. If you are any fan of this style of music I "high"-ly recommend that you a) see them live and b) cop their new album Jason...The Dragon. They are probably the best act this year that represents the genre honestly. If I were to chose an ambassador for the genre, it would be something like Weedeater. It turns off a lot of people, but the few that it does appeal to, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I can't believe the hacker group Anonymous these days. I wrote a blog post many moons ago about this group and I still remain fascinated and it has only grown. Now they're starting to go after targets that are not just jokes (like Scientology), but now they're taking on some serious hornets nests. Even they're tactics have changed from attack to defense. Creating internet connections to people and helping getting the word out to the people of Egypt and Tunisia (and those are just the ones I know about). As well as defending Wikileaks. Now, they're sticking their heads out more and more. They also kind of stole my idea for this movie I'm writing. Connecting a cultural icon like Stephan Colbert to virtual sub-culture of hackers. Anyway, I know it's criminal activity, but there are very rich people who do far worse things with incalculable consequences. Two wrongs don't make a right for sure, but you'll forgive me if I don't weep when Visa, Bank of America, Church of Scientology, those cross-eyed inbreeds at Westboro Baptist Church, and the Koch Brothers have too keep buying ink cartridges or restart their computer constantly. In my opinion, a little irritation is justified.

As Jello Biafra once said: A prank a day keeps the dog leash away.

But now Anonymous just released a letter to the world. More of a statement of their long term goal. Which is really all of our goals. We the generation that got totally ripped off. What kills me is that we know who did it and why. And it's because they've trapped us haven't they? Who has time for a revolution when there's rent to pay? Who can fight the power when there's groceries to buy?

The cool thing about the Internet is that we are the revolution. Or at least pretend we are. We've been doing it for years and we didn't even realize it. Even those of us who knew it's potential used it play video games and jerk off to each other pictures. The more clever of us chose to make money off of it. The even more brilliant have been using it as a weapon.

Shit is quiet in Libya. But we need to honest about what this has become in that country. It's Civil War. All started by a little protest. Keep that in our revolutionary eager minds. The reality of a grim fight.


In order to participate in a revolution, the simplest thing one can do to help is show whose side your on. As they start fielding republican candidates to win our broken hearts and minds, the eye rolling cynics like myself can buckle up for the endless rectal exam of election season. Let's all try to remember there's a larger picture here. It's a tale as old as time. The haves and the have nots.

Anyway. Sarah and I continued our way through the first season of Veronica Mars. It honestly had me for a good chunk of the season but it reached a brick wall with me when the show became more about her soap opera relationships. Yawn. Sarah still likes it because it reminds her of Gossip Girl and the OC.

Anyway, it's late.


Command Image: Dream street artist gimmick command








Location:Broadway,New York,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment