The Film Concussion with Carlsen and Boruff » Podcast Episodes


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Would you like a bite of my web video sandwich?

I'm starting a segment on Lack of Command called web video sandwich. Where it will consist of three posts from my random digging around on the web and it will usually connect in some form or fashion. I figure this will be an easier way to keep posting on this thing without having to do an excess amount of work.

So here's my middle east web sandwich:

Starting with the bottom bread of your friend and mine, Jello Biafra. For those of you not familiar, Jello Biafra, former front man of the Dead Kennedys and political and social activist. I credit him for getting me at an early age to be interested in the news. So he posted this in the height of the Egyptian protests.



I'm choosing this report for the meat of this sandwich. Because the Taliban is still around and only growing in Pakistan. Gaining popularity without any of the legitimacy. I use this as the meat because I think it's important when we're dealing with the Middle East that this kind of theocracy must be addressed and resisted around the world. And watch out in the future when we start beating the drums of war again and put our target on Pakistan. After all....they have the bomb.


To top off the sandwich I'm posting a deplorable video of one of the reasons why they hate us so. Watching this makes me hate the xenophobic, christian bullying in America where religion is still trumped by secular law. When the hard lined lunatics see shit like this, it only strengthens their resolve. Keep this in mind during the theater of the republican Congressman from New York Pete King farce of a Congressional investigation about the radicalization of Islam in the United States. If we were serious about that question, we'd start with Guantanamo Bay. Because anyone living in those conditions if they weren't radical when we nabbed them, they are now. Treating Arabs and Muslims like dogs or sub-humans is the problem. If we can't get over that, we're doomed to be in this war for a very long time.


One of these days I'll find something other than social and political issues to bitch about, but so far, nothing doing.

Peace.

Command Image: Sandwich Command

No comments:

Post a Comment